Pages

Wednesday 12 January 2011

I don’t know if it has ever happened to you, but each time I open my browser to go online, I am inundated with pop up advertisements trying to sell me all sorts of things. I really have no idea how they get there or even how I can stop them, but the other day when this happened for the hundredth time, I stared at the advertisements fascinated. I was fascinated simply because they were all advertisements for Internet gambling.




Now, I am not a gambler by any stretch of the imagination, leave alone an internet gambling fanatic. But the concept was really new to me! I had no idea that an industry such as internet gambling existed at all. Curious, I clicked on one of the banners touting internet gambling just to see what it was all about in the first place. The experience was quite good. First, the internet gambling banner took me to an internet gambling website. Immediately upon landing, I was congratulated on being the millionth visitor and was given five hundred dollars of free e-money to spend in the website! Naturally, I was thrilled beyond belief! (Needless to mention, at that point in time, I was still naïve enough to believe that whatever they told me was true and that the five hundred dollars were in effect, money for me to spend as I liked.)





So, I began my first trip into the world of internet gambling with this free money. Of course, thanks to the power of Internet gambling, I managed to spend it all before the first hour on the website as through. But to be honest, I had lost nothing! The money came to me free and it went away easily as well. Thankfully, I had the good sense to quit when the going was getting worse. Else, I would very easily have lost a great deal of money in the black hole of internet gambling.





It was only after I discussed the experience with a couple of my friends that I discovered that internet gambling was as old as the internet itself. Having discovered the propensity of people to spend money more easily that they earned it, some scheming entrepreneurs had put up the very first internet gambling website. And they had been laughing all the way to the bank from then on! Even today, the trend continues, but people still continue to thrive on Internet gambling.


No comments:

Post a Comment